Often customers need the same visualization for many clients, e.g. for each guest room in a hotel. The BMS Server allows client-specific mapping of a visualization project's datapoints.
- Open the visualization project in the BMS Client Editor.
- Save the list of items in the project using Workspace / Export Items to CSV.
This file is comprised by 2 columns, the source and destination names if the used items.
- For each client:
- Make a copy of the file (from now on referred as item link file) and edit the destination names as required (e.g. set the correct KNXnet/IP gateway address).
- In the BMS Server, create a new client definition. Set the item link file of the previous step.
- The BMS Webserver will now replace the used items according to the configured item link file. By that you can reuse a single visualization project in multiple BMS visualization clients.
Ch. 22.214.171.124. New BMS Client Definition of the BMS Server documentation contains further information of BMS Client definitions.