The integrated Messenger module of the NETx BMS Core Server allows you to send messages to several services.
This feature can be useful for a number of use cases, for example:
- Alarm notifications
- The temperature in room 101 exceeded its maximum allowed value
- The weather station became offline
- Timed notifications
- Every monday, notify a user about the average temperature in a room
- Conditional notifications
- A new user checked in to hotel room 101
- A new report is ready for download
The following services are supported:
- requires an SMTP server
- Telegram (a widely used messenger service, such as WhatsApp)
- requires a Telegram account and a smartphone with the Telegram app installed
- Twilio (a widely used SMS gateway)
- requires a Twilio account
- Twitter (a social networking service)
- requires a Twitter account
NETx BMS Platform ships with pre-built messenger logics, that can be easily configured and used in custom actions.
Set up the messenger module configuration in the NETx BMS Core Studio: From the menu bar, select Modules / Messenger, then select "Messenger configuration ..." or the desired messenger service configuration, e.g. [Live] Email.
|xio.Messenger.SmtpTimeOut||Sets the timeout for the SMTP client connection for sending e mails.||1 - 100000||Seconds||100|
Move on with the service-specific configurations.