The NETx BMS Platform is a Windows-based software, which can be installed and run on any device – starting from small Windows embedded boxes up to large Windows server systems. As long as Windows is used as operating system, the NETx BMS Platform can also be installed within virtual (VMWARE, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, ...) or cloud-based environments (Microsoft Azure, ...). The hardware requirements depend on the number of data points and the amount of implemented building management functions (number of visualization clients, number of defined alarms, logic definitions, ...).
The NETx BMS Platform consists of various components:
- Core Server: the main component, which communicates with the devices, stores and processes the data point values and provides the building management functions.
- Core Studio: the user interface for configuring and maintaining the data points.
- Web Manager: a web application for managing the building management functions like alarm management, scheduling, trending and visualization. Web-based visualizations are also provided by the Web Manager.
- Visualization: serves as editor to create both web-based and PC-based visualizations as well as runtime for PC-based visualizations.
- SQL database: the SQL database is used to store persistent data like historical data point values and alarm logs. The NETx BMS Platform supports various SQL backends like MySQL, MariaDB, and MS SQL.
- XLogic Editor: is used to create logic for the Core Server using graphical programming.