Use templates to create many similar elements in very short time.
There are two ways to create a template
- create a template from scratch - see tutorial.
- create a template from an existing definition (e.g. alarm, events, ...).
This tutorial demonstrates how to create a template from an existing alarm.
Create the template from an existing element
- Select an existing alarm element. This can be done in the Alarms app or in the Explorer app.
- Click the Create template button from the toolbar:
- Provide a name for the new template and click Save.
- Now, the template is available in the Templates app.
- In this tutorial, we will use the variable RoomNumber to parameterize the alarm. Insert the variable in the Name, surrounded by curly brackets
- After referencing the variable for the first time, it will be shown in the Variables window:
- To insert the variable on further locations, put the text cursor to the respective position and click the variable in the Variables window.
- Save the template.
Now the template is ready to use and can be applied in the Alarms or Explorer app.