The Multi Internet control allows to display contents of different URLs depending on a given server item.
From the Object catalog drag and drop the element on the empty page. The Multi Internet box is adjustable to fit user needs.
A double-click on the Multi Internet control will show the Multi Internet properties dialog. In the Object tab a numerical ItemID should be chosen. For this tutorial a server item of type INT32 is used: NETx\VAR\Numeric\Item1.
Then, moving to the URLs / conditions tab where the URLs are defined. For each index from 1 to 10 a URL and a condition can be defined. If a condition is met then the contents of the corresponding URL will be displayed, otherwise the next condition is tested.
Following options are available to set up the condition for a URL:
- URL not used: The URL is not active and it will not be used.
- URL if quality is not GOOD: This URL would be active if the quality was not GOOD, e.g. UNCERTAIN.
- Use condition (quality is GOOD): The URL will be active when the item quality is GOOD and the subsequent condition evaluates to TRUE.
In the example below the condition evaluation will be done as follows:
- If the value of NETx\VAR\Numeric\Item1 is 0 then URL1 is used (https://www.yahoo.com/).
- If the value of NETx\VAR\Numeric\Item1 is 1 then URL2 is used (https://www.amazon.com/).
- If the item quality of NETx\VAR\Numeric\Item1 is GOOD and the none of the prior conditions is met then URL2 is used (https://www.microsoft.com).
- If the item quality of NETx\VAR\Numeric\Item1 is not GOOD then URL3 is used (....).
Apply the changes and press Ok.
To test and operate the Multi Internet control a setup as described in Using controls to increase or decrease a server item can be used.
See also the Multi Picture control to work with images instead of web contents.